Lake Michigan College
Director, Health Sciences
Posting Number: 0000680
Reports to: Dean, Health Sciences
Department: Career Education
Full or Part-time: Full Time
In conjunction with the Dean of Health Sciences, oversees, develops, coordinates, and evaluates credit and non-credit Health Sciences Programs. Assures appropriate state agency approvals, licensures, and accreditations for Health Science programs. Assists the Dean of Health Sciences to research additional health science programs in alignment with the needs of the local community. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with healthcare agencies and providers throughout the College's service area.
1. Provides primary leadership for the assigned health Science programs, including program development and initial and ongoing accreditation processes, and continuous improvement and assessment plans.
2. In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences, seeks out additional Health Sciences programming opportunities and provides leadership in the development of new programs.
3. Prepares, submits, and monitors an annual budget for some credit and non-credit programs of health Sciences.
4. In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences and Program Directors, assures compliance with state, accreditation, and other regulatory requirements.
5. Recruits and supervises qualified part-time instructors for assigned programs.
6. In collaboration with appropriate discipline faculty and faculty support personnel, conducts classroom observations of part-time faculty.
7. Develops and maintains strong relationships with area healthcare agencies and providers.
8. Establishes and maintains program advisory committees. Holds at least two advisory committee meetings per year, per program.
9. In collaboration with the Health Sciences department, designs professional development opportunities, including non-credit and CEU, for incumbent healthcare workers.
10. Seeks out grant opportunities for Health Sciences programming and support.
11. Writes and submits required reports and maintains accurate program documentation.
12. Coordinates the development of program outcomes for each assigned program area of Health Sciences and assures that appropriate assessment measures are in place to measure student learning and success.
13. Coordinates the program review process for each assigned Health Sciences program.
14. Monitors and coordinates curricular revisions, as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Dean of Health Sciences, the Director of Health Sciences is responsible for the leadership, coordination, and efficient operation of the assigned credit and non-credit assigned Health Sciences programs.
Master’s degree in a health sciences field required. At least five years of experience as a healthcare provider, educator, or administrator required. Teaching experience in postsecondary and/or career and technical education strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES: Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required, including strong oral and written communication skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work with all disciplines, levels, and backgrounds. Exhibits exceptional strength in strategic thinking, analysis and problem solving, organizational leadership, collaboration, and a results-oriented vision and focus.
Salary Range: Min. $51,797 Mid. $68,631
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 02/26/2018
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/2916
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :