Northwestern Michigan College
Director of Dental Assistant Program- Dental Assistant Instructor
Tracking Code: 1177-443
Position Title: Director of Dental Assistant Program/Dental Assistant Instructor
Department: Health Occupations Academic Area
Reports To: Academic Chair of Health Occupations
Anticipated Starting Date: May 2020
Starting Salary: $53,743.00 - $57,811.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The Dental Assistant Program Director Faculty position is responsible for all aspects of the program including organization, administration, review, planning, development, reporting, and general effectiveness. Recruiting for the Dental Assistant Program is critical for this role. In addition, this person will be responsible for providing and updating course content, as well as teaching both online and face to face classes, prep coursework, and evaluating students, in a wide variety of dental assistant program courses.
All Faculty positions commensurate with degree and experience as outlined in the NMC Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Allied Health or related field
- Certification as a Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Registered as a Dental Assistant (RDA) in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain registration within one (1) year of employment
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Three years program administrative experience
- Three years clinical experience in Dental Assisting
- Experience with the Commission On Dental Accreditation (CODA) accreditation process
- Word processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft® Word)
- Computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Internet, email and calendaring software (i.e. Outlook, Gmail, etc.)
- Valid, unrestricted Michigan Driver's License or ability to obtain by start date
- Master's degree or higher with a major in Allied Health or related field
- Five years program administrative experience
- Educational focus on dental assistant administration or education
- Teaching experience in a dental assistant school/college
- Experience/knowledge of the use of computers in course preparation and development
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time Faculty, two teaching semester position.
Applications must be submitted by November 18, 2019 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to review
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Share On :