Lake Michigan College
Manager, Nursing Education Center (part-time)
Posting Number: 0000681
Reports to: Dean, Health Sciences
Department: Health Sciences
Full or Part-time: Part Time
Responsible for the management of equipment and learning activities for the Nursing Education Center. Schedules activities and assists nursing faculty with implementation of program curricula requirements. Facilitates skills assessments in the NEC. Other duties include student advising and the performance of other program duties as directed by the Nursing Simulation Faculty.
1. Supports the delivery of quality instruction in the NEC.
2. Ensures that NEC is set up for demonstrations and student evaluation (check offs).
3. Organizes storage of and maintains card catalog, reference files or inventory files on all holdings of A-V materials and equipment as well as nursing practice equipment and supplies. Meets regulatory standards for same.
4. Coordinates all sections of the clinical skill validation process.
5. Collaborates with nursing faculty to develop learning support strategies to meet clinical course objectives and other program requirements.
6. Coordinates the academic standard and practice expertise in NEC skills.
7. Maintains a schedule for NEC utilization.
8. Serves as a mentor and facilitator for the simulation skills process.
9. In collaboration with the Coordinator of Health Sciences, responsible for inventory, ordering maintenance, and repair of NEC equipment and supplies.
10. Organizes storage of and maintains card catalog, reference files or inventory files on all holdings of A-V materials and equipment as well as nursing practice equipment and supplies. Meets regulatory standards for same.
11. Recommends equipment and supplies for purchase. Assures equipment is commensurate with use by local clinical facilities.
12. Provides budgetary information for NEC, in collaboration with Nursing Simulation Faculty.
13. Identifies items and orders equipment packs for student use, in collaboration with nursing faculty.
14. Represents the NEC to outside organizations. Serves as a contact person for potential use of NEC by internal and external parties.
15. Establishes guidelines for use of the NEC, in collaboration with the Nursing Simulation Faculty.
16. Interviews and hires student workers.
17. Assists the Nursing Simulation Faculty as needed.
18. Oversees security of equipment and supplies with support from Facilities and IT Departments.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Dean of Health Sciences and in direct collaboration with the Nursing Simulation Faculty, the NEC Manager is responsible for the overall management of equipment and activities for the Nursing Education Center. Implements and sustains specific course/program curricula requirements aligned with the educational mission and goals of the Health Sciences Department and the College.
Registered Nurse (BSN) with a minimum of two years experience required. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. College level teaching experience preferred. Good organizational skills required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be highly motivated and self-directed in building and maintaining a high-quality skills assessment lab that utilizes current equipment, processes, protocols, and teaching methodologies.
OTHER HIGHLY DESIRED QUALITIES:
Commitment to student success; technically competent in standard office applications, instructional technology and online instruction; ability to support effective assessment strategies for measuring student learning; knowledgeable and committed to the mission and purposes of community colleges. Good organizational skills required. Strong communication skills required.
Salary Range: $34,220
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, 25 hour per week position.
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 02/26/2018
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/2913
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BSN
Employment/Position Type:Part Time
Share On :