Community Food Bank Of Nj
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the ability to 1) effectively plan and manage projects of various scale, 2) directly supervise staff – a Nutrition Educator (NE) and/or Community Health Worker (CHW) and 3) effectively plan and present lessons on nutrition and health promotion to a wide variety of target audiences in low-income communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide supervision and oversight for Nutrition Educators and/or Community Health Workers; ensuring effective capacity development, as well as goals achievement.
· Assist Program Manager in planning, organizing and executing various projects including capacity building trainings, process development, partnership development, data management, etc.
· Assist in meeting the grant funded nutrition education program goals by delivering health promotion efforts to target audiences that promote:
o Physical activity
o Healthy food choices
o Engaging in a healthy lifestyle on a budget
o Decreasing the risk of nutrition related chronic diseases
· Assist in development, planning, and implementation of nutrition education and related activities for multiple programs, including Direct Nutrition Education interventions and Policy, Systems & Environmental Change interventions targeting youth, adults and seniors.
· Assist in the proper documentation, tracking and organization of program data, including outreach and implementation activities and material use.
· Participate and assist in the planning of team/ regional/ SNAP-Ed all-staff trainings as requested.
· Represent the program and CFBNJ and participate in local and/or regional coalitions and community events as requested.
· Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science/Dietetics or related field along with 2 years of experience providing nutrition and physical activity education in diverse community settings.
· Experience providing supervision and leadership to a team is required.
· Positive, can-do attitude, excellent communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation.
· Organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to plan, implement, monitor and report out on program activities for self and team.
· Technical aptitude (O365, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Bi-lingual language skills (English and Spanish/Creole/Bengali) is a plus.
· Must possess personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to carry bulk materials as necessary, up to about 40 pounds.
· Ability to work flexible hours; this position will have a varied work schedule that includes nights and weekends to meet the scheduling needs of partnering organizations and schools
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :